Friday, October 1, 2010

First Fail.

Here's the thing. I am known amongst my friends, and even people who don't know me that well, to be the Baker. I LOVE love love LOOVVVE baking. ANYTHING. Anything at all. I will bake it. It will taste spectacular. I usually find out my friends' birthdays, put them in my cell phone calender, and ask them 'If you could have one treat in the whole world, what would you want?' They tell me, I make it on their birthday.
I've been friends with this boy Alex since first grade. He's a senior in high school like I am, and is in band, plays the tuba. He's also very much an athletic, where basketball is his forte. Oh, by the way, Alex is somewhere around 6' 11''. Not even kidding. He's a  HUGE Ichabod Crane like character. I've always thought of him as that protagonist from Sleepy Hollow. Lanky is the perfect adjective to apply here.
Anyways, Alex's birthday is on September 28, I found out last year. Put it in my phone, asked him, he says brownies. Easy.
So, come wednesday, I go about things as normal. Band practice at night, ends at 9ish, I get home, stay up late doing homework. All day I said Hey Al to Alex just as a sort of joke. I don't know why..but it made him smile, so I kept doing it. :]
Thursday rolls around. Band, 2nd hour. I come in, listen to our bald, talented, gay band director, who I will refer to as Mister, read off the announcements as usual. Then at the end, he calls out 'Will Alex please stand.' I gasp. Happy Birthday begins to play on the piano, and everyone is singing, making noise and being obnoxious, as it is a tradition in our band. It dawns on me.
I completely forgot Alex's birthday.
How horrible I felt. D:
So, I called out to Alex, kept apologizing, and promised to make him brownies that night.
Fast forward to last night, 7 oclock pm. Finished  filming what I needed for my movie trailer, and started to mix ingredients together for brownie making. Went through all the preparations, and put the pan in the oven. As I come back later, fourty-nine minutes later, to take them out, I think they're fine by the outer appearance.
11pm, come back, check on the brownies and cut them since they're cooled. Start putting them in tuperware containers, and I notice the middle is gooey, and still made up of batter. All this time I was working on homework, and they were still not done. D: Made me want to cry. It was the first time EVER that I had to put a creation back in the oven after I had cut it into portions. So, had to stay up even later and wait for them to heat. I was extremely exhausted though, so I had to just take them out and go to bed. Come next morning, this morning, they are still mostly gooey. I just took the end pieces that had absorbed more heat, and threw out the middles.
It was a horrible horrible fail on my part. T ^T''

SO.
Now, as I sit here typing, watching a recording of a new Big Bang Theory episode, I an waiting for a new batch of turtle brownies to bake.
/:
Doesn't that just make you sad?
I know it probably doesn't..but I felt like writing about it. :]
Anyways, the agenda for today is school, then edit my movie trailer after school. Later, probably going to see Devil with a best friend, Ricardo, who feels he owes me a movie trip since I brought him a gift from Holland, Michigan. Then, tomorrow I will most likely be going to the movies again with other best friend Dan. And then do homework over the weekend. How exciting, I know.

I wish everyone a fantastic weekend. :]
Just in case I don't get on again to make an entry.
:D
Goodbye for today.~

No comments:

Post a Comment